Updates: Canvas and Zoom
Spring and summer 2021 course shells are now available in Canvas. If you don’t see your courses on your dashboard, you can:
- Click on the COURSES link in the blue left-hand nav.
- Scroll to the bottom of the list of courses and click the link to view “All Courses.”
- This will bring up a list of every course in which you are enrolled. Find the courses in the list and click the white star immediately before the course name. The star will turn orange, which means it is listed on the dashboard.
Combine Courses/Copy Content
- If you want to combine (crosslist) two or more sections of the same course, here are the instructions.
- If you need to import your course content from a previous semester’s Canvas course (or a dev shell), here are the instructions.
UNCG’s Instructional Technology Consultants have partnered with UNCG Online, ITS, and the UTLC to offer several training drop-in sessions over the coming weeks. These sessions will be offered via Zoom. You can find all drop-in sessions listed on the workshops calendar. Search for “Winter 2020 Drop-In” to see all available dates and times.
Deletion of Zoom cloud recordings: ITS reports that UNCG is close to running out of our allotted cloud storage for Zoom recordings. Therefore, ITS has made the decision to delete all Zoom cloud recordings that were created prior to September 1, 2020. The deletion will occur on Friday, December 11, 2020, and will ensure that Zoom cloud storage remains available for all UNCG users. Users that need to keep any cloud recordings that were made prior to September 1, 2020, should take the required steps to download these recordings prior to their deletion on December 11, 2020. For further information, see this ITS News Article.
WebEx: Just a reminder to anyone still hosting virtual sessions on WebEx: UNCG has NOT renewed our contract with WebEx, so we will not be able to access WebEx in 2021. If you are still using WebEx and have any questions, please contact ITS via 6-TECH.