August 12, 2019
Categories: Canvas, workshops
This Fall, the College is collaborating with the School of Education to offer “Pop-Up” instructional technology training sessions. Please share this information with any new faculty in your department.
Faculty, lecturers, adjuncts, teaching assistants, etc., are invited to drop-in and receive “just in time” assistance needed to jump start your semester. Your Instructional Technology Consultant (ITC) will be available to meet with you to provide quick responses to your immediate questions about instructional technology supported by the University. Instructors can receive assistance on such things as instructional design, course revisions & updates, as well as receive suggestions and recommendations for selecting and implementing learning tools (Canvas, WebEx, G-Suite, Box, and Microsoft Office 365) in their face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses. You can also learn about Universal Design for Learners (UDL), accessibility, and the UNCG Quality Matters checklist. This session is designed for instructors of any skill level to:
- Meet your Instructional Technology Consultant
- Get one-on-one assistance
- Begin working on your course(s) and get immediate answers to your on-demand questions
- Publish your course
The Pop-Up sessions are scheduled for the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:30 PM-4:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:00 AM-10:30 AM
- Monday, August 19, 2019 10:00 AM-11:30 AM
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019 12:00 PM-2:00 PM
- Wednesday, August 21, 2019 12:00 PM-2:00 PM
- Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:00 PM-2:00 PM
You can sign up for the sessions at the training calendar. All sessions will be held in the School of Education Bldg, Room 221 (a computer lab). As always, you can also schedule one-on-one trainings by emailing me, Anita Warfford, directly at email@example.com.